Lilythe’s Big Move! Read more... ×
Reserves & Claims updated Read more... ×
Demigods and Monsters
Sign in to follow this  
Lilythe

Important! Explanation and Applications

Character Plots

Every character has their own story to tell. For you, your character is the main character of a story. And sure, we have a site plot that you might play a major role in. But you may also be uninterested in the current plot. Or maybe you feel you joined to late for the current thread and want something to do until the next stage of the plot rolls around. Or, the best reason of all, you just want to expand on your character more. Whatever the case may be, we are creating a system in which you can not only have your own plot for your character, but get rewarded for completing it!

Anyone who completes a character plot (whether it's their own or taking part with a friend) will earn a "Participation bead" Medal much the same way you do with participating in the Site Plot. These beads count towards your overall Champion Score. Once your character is deemed a Champion you earn certain privileges around the site. The primary perks being longer absentee time before losing a face and higher consideration for Cabin Leader if a position opens up in your cabin. However other perks are available and the list will only grow as the site remains open.

And consider this, not every plot has to be a grand adventure. Some plots will just be about the development of a character over time. A journey of self-discovery as it were. So don't worry if your plot idea doesn't seem grandiose. It's yours! It should be what you want to do. So pitch the idea, you may just find that we approve it.

The Application Process
Much like with your character application, your plot application will go through an approval period where it is reviewed by staff for consistency and appropriateness for the character. You don't need to have all the people signed up for your plot, though if you do that will definitely be a point in your favor!

Below is a form, you will create a new thread, like you did with your character application, and title it whatever the title of your plot is. Much like with your character application, you will also mark it as "In Progress" while you're writing it, and "Ready for Review" once you're ready for staff to look at it.

Please be sure to list any Mythical Creatures, Olympian Gods, and Minor Gods, that you will need for your plot. If we don't currently have writers or accounts for them, Lilythe will make the account and find a writer to fill that spot for you when the necessary time comes. For any other spot you need filled by a camper, simply put "Friend 1", "Rival 1", or another generic appropriate title if you don't have a member for it yet. Those will be your responsibility to find by the appropriate time. You can fill out a Want Ad to help get them.
Form
The form is the code listed below. By now you've filled out at least one other coding source, so we hope you'll be able to figure this one out. However if you need any help, please contact @Lilythe

Plot Template

PLOT TITLE HERE
Plot Overview
Primary Character:YOUR CHARACTER'S NAME
Other Campers:LIST ANY OTHER CAMPER INVOLVED
Locations: LIST ANY LOCATIONS
Significant Artifact: IF THERE IS ONE, LIST THE ARTIFACT NAME HERE
Mythical Creatures: LIST ANY MYTHICAL CREATURES DIRECTLY INVOLVED
Olympian Gods:LIST ANY OLYMPIAN GODS DIRECTLY INVOLVED
Minor Gods: LIST ANY MINOR GODS DIRECTLY INVOLVED
Mature Content: LIST ANY MATURE CONTENT THAT MIGHT BE INVOLVED IN THE PLOT
Plot Summary
WRITE A SUMMARY HERE, make sure you use breaks (br inbetween the triangle brackets) for new paragraphs. Be as detailed about the overall purpose of the plot. If there's a quest involved, make sure you have a quest giver (this is usually the Oracle of Delphi, though occasionally a deity or Chiron will ask for specified missions too).
Timeline

Event 1: IN-DEPTH DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR PLOT EVENT
Involved Characters: LIST THE CHARACTERS DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN THIS EVENT

Event 2: IN-DEPTH DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR PLOT EVENT

Event 3: IN-DEPTH DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR PLOT EVENT

Event 4: IN-DEPTH DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR PLOT EVENT

Event 5: IN-DEPTH DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR PLOT EVENT

**If you have more than 5 events, just copy and paste the first 2 lines under the td tag and ad 2 br tags at the end of the last line above here, and change the number of event accordingly, remove this explanation when done**

Tracker
**DO NOT FILL THIS OUT once you've been approved, you'll keep track of your threads here. Each Event will have its own section, and may have more than one thread, or only one. You will edit accordingly as the time is right. To add more events simply copy everything between the td open tag and the next b open tag. Delete this when you're ready.**
Event 1
Thread Title - PARTICIPANT NAME

Event 2

Event 3

Event 4

Event 5

<center>
	<table id="app_template">
		<tbody>
			<tr>
				<td colspan="2" id="app_title">
					PLOT TITLE HERE
				</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td colspan="2" id="app_subtitle">
					Plot Overview
				</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td id="app_left">
					<b>Primary Character:</b>YOUR CHARACTER&#39;S NAME<br>
					<b>Other Campers:</b>LIST ANY OTHER CAMPER INVOLVED<br>
					<b>Locations:</b> LIST ANY LOCATIONS<br>
					<b>Significant Artifact:</b> IF THERE IS ONE, LIST THE ARTIFACT NAME HERE
				</td>
				<td id="app_right">
					<b>Mythical Creatures:</b> LIST ANY MYTHICAL CREATURES DIRECTLY INVOLVED<br>
					<b>Olympian Gods:</b>LIST ANY OLYMPIAN GODS DIRECTLY INVOLVED<br>
					<b>Minor Gods:</b> LIST ANY MINOR GODS DIRECTLY INVOLVED<br>
					<b>Mature Content:</b> LIST ANY MATURE CONTENT THAT MIGHT BE INVOLVED IN THE PLOT
				</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
					Plot Summary
				</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td colspan="2" id="app_body">
					WRITE A SUMMARY HERE, make sure you use breaks (br inbetween the triangle brackets) for new paragraphs. Be as detailed about the overall purpose of the plot. If there&#39;s a quest involved, make sure you have a quest giver (this is usually the Oracle of Delphi, though occasionally a deity or Chiron will ask for specified missions too).
				</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
					Timeline
				</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
					<p>
						<b>Event 1:</b> IN-DEPTH DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR PLOT EVENT<br>
						<i>Involved Characters:</i> LIST THE CHARACTERS DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN THIS EVENT<br>
						<br>
						<b>Event 2:</b> IN-DEPTH DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR PLOT EVENT<br>
						<i>Involved Characters:</i> LIST THE CHARACTERS DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN THIS EVENT<br>
						<br>
						<b>Event 3:</b> IN-DEPTH DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR PLOT EVENT<br>
						<br>
						<b>Event 4:</b> IN-DEPTH DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR PLOT EVENT<br>
						<br>
						<b>Event 5:</b> IN-DEPTH DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR PLOT EVENT<br>
						<br>
						**If you have more than 5 events, just copy and paste the first 2 lines under the td tag and ad 2 br tags at the end of the last line above here, and change the number of event accordingly, remove this explanation when done**
					</p>
				</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
					Tracker
				</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
					**DO NOT FILL THIS OUT once you&#39;ve been approved, you&#39;ll keep track of your threads here. Each Event will have its own section, and may have more than one thread, or only one. You will edit accordingly as the time is right. To add more events simply copy everything between the td open tag and the next b open tag. Delete this when you&#39;re ready.**<br>
					<b>Event 1</b><br>
					<a href="LINK%20TO%20THREAD" rel=""><font color="#522896">Thread Title</font></a> - <i>PARTICIPANT NAME</i><br>
					<a href="LINK%20TO%20THREAD" rel=""><font color="#522896">Thread Title</font></a> - <i>PARTICIPANT NAME</i><br>
					<br>
					<b>Event 2</b><br>
					<br>
					<b>Event 3</b><br>
					<br>
					<b>Event 4</b><br>
					<br>
					<b>Event 5</b><br>
					<a href="LINK%20TO%20THREAD" rel=""><font color="#522896">Thread Title</font></a> - <i>PARTICIPANT NAME</i>
				</td>
			</tr>
		</tbody>
	</table>
</center>

<center>
	&nbsp;
</center>