The sun was setting, surely there wouldn't be anyone coming to the Big House for a while. Lilythe closed it up, and made her way down to the beach. It was one of her favorite places to walk and think. The waves along the shore were soothing to a troubled mind. It was her haven, and her escape. She could look out along the waves and imagine herself anywhere she wished to be. When her mind got too cluttered with responsibility, or memories of a time long past, she would take a walk and try to decompress. The ritual had served her well for many years now.

Tonight though it seemed she wouldn't get her personal time though, as when she got there she saw a few satyrs there already, apparently setting up for quite the spectacle. There was a stack of fireworks of near the shore, and some blankets spread randomly along the sand. On the breeze the there was the scent of barbecue. All in all it was shaping up to be quite the shindig.  "I wasn't aware we were celebrating anything." Lilythe said to creatures with a faint smile. "I swear nobody tells me anything." She teased as the satyrs scurried about the beach continuing their task.

Romulus had at first planned for a quiet evening in his cabin, but those plans had faded away when he had been roped in my some of the satyrs with the loading and unloading of the pegasi that were acting as air carriers for the party they had planned down on the beach. 

With no real reason to say no, Romulus found the first part of his early evening filled with the time-consuming and repetitive actions of packing, flying, unpacking of the pegasuses of supplies for the evening as satyrs set about setting everything up once it was all unloaded onto the sand. 

As he came in with the last load he looked down at the beach as the last rays of light washed over the shore and spotted the figure of the camp leader Lilythe. Landing he left the last load of unpacking to the satyrs who were now more free to help with such things now that most of the set up was done and he approached Lilythe, catching what her comments, Romulus cleared his throat before saying, 

"They didn't tell me either until they roped me in to help set everything up..." 

Lilythe hadn't seen Romulus there. She jumped as he cleared his throat and laughed at herself for it. "Well it was kind of you to agree." Camp Halfblood had really grown over the years. It wasn't uncommon anymore for there to be small little cabin events without anyone else being aware they'd occurred. However this event seemed to be a bit bigger than that. It wasn't often that they had firework displays. It seemed that someone had felt the camp needed something big and fun. Lilythe was certainly not complaining. It had been far too long since she'd gotten to be part of an event at camp that hadn't been wrangling the new campers.

Looking around at the group of individuals prepping the event, Lilythe asked, "What can I do to help?" It wasn't quite dusk yet, so there was still plenty of light. However if they didn't get a move on things it would quickly sink and deprive them of their light source. In those situations it was always best for there to be more hands on deck if possible. There were blankets to be spread, fireworks to de-crate, and food she could help prep. The last one made her smirk, "If you don't give me a job, I'll just assign myself the task of food tester."

Streylan was trying to find Lilythe, though as she asked around she had heard that she was at the beach. Those that knew her knew that going to anything that was beachy unless war games was a big no-no for her. As well when she was little she had lost her twin sister to a monster at a beach like place near their house. Though there was something that needed to be asked of her dear friend. However, once she got to the place she noticed that there were others there as well. Were they setting up for a party? Ugh! her luck. She started bouncing on her heels as she got more nervous about the walk she had to go to get to her. Taking a deep breath she placed one foot on the sand and screamed and fell back on her butt. Yeah, this wasn't going to work. She sighed as she sat up crisscrossed in the grass that was right next to the beach. As much as she wanted to get over this little fact, it was something that was imprinted in her mind. Her red hair waved around and she grumbled a little. She was a fearless fighter but scared to death of a beach. Fearless indeed. 

"Oh! I wouldn't off to taste test! Someone got their hands on caviar and made caviar sandwiches... I did not get a chance to avoid it." Romulus shuddered at the remembered tasted of the offending food. "Wanted to know if they needed to add cheese to it...Rather just dive in when the food is ready so you can get the edible stuff!" 

He looked around, noting that most was already done, "We can head over to the "staging" area and see if..." but he stopped when he heard a short scream from inland. Looking over he saw Streylan pacing along the shore, he pointed her out to Lilythe, "Is something the matter?" he asked, not sure why she had screamed...